Coronavirus Infects Stock Market: Part XXXIV
Your takeaway from my chart below, where stocks did nothing for a generation is, dividends—as in d-i-v-i-d-e-n-d-s.
In the chart below, they’re not included.
It’s a simple price chart.
Remember, if you’re receiving dividends—like rent on an income property—you’re being paid to be in the market. Price isn’t much of a concern.
You don’t live or die by the price of a property year to year. It’s the initial price you pay and rents that bring home the bacon. Relying on fluctuations in prices is speculating, not investing.
Take a look at Young Research’s dividend-centric RCs strategy and how it has performed. You can see the value of dividends.
Income keeps you in the game in times like these.
Read my entire series, Coronavirus Infects Stock Market here.
E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy
Latest posts by E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy (see all)
- Trying to Reason with Hurricane Season - September 26, 2022
- State Pension Funds Brace for Private Equity Losses - September 26, 2022
- DeSantis Batted .313 in Four Seasons at Yale - September 26, 2022
- Remembering Ronald Read Who Died with an $8 Million Fortune - September 23, 2022
- DeSantis Describes the Great American Exodus - September 23, 2022