How is the trust level in our current monetary system as a “store of value?” Not good, especially if the price of bitcoin or record art sales are any indication of investors looking for places to stash their money.
Da Vinci Christ Painting Sells for $450 Million
Bloomberg’s Katya Kazakina writes:
That was the reaction of mega art dealer Larry Gagosian after a rediscovered painting by Leonardo da Vinci became the most expensive work ever sold, soaring to $450.3 million at a Christie’s auction in New York on Wednesday.
Alex Rotter, the auction house’s co-chairman of postwar and contemporary art in the Americas, placed the winning bid on behalf of an unidentified client after a 19-minute war that saw offers at $200 million, $300 million and $350 million fall short. The result obliterated previous world records for an art sale of any kind, including the auction mark of $179.4 million for a Pablo Picasso painting sold in 2015.
Read more here.
E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy
Latest posts by E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy (see all)
- WATCH: New York Governor Melts Down When Asked for Facts - July 1, 2022
- Even Without Food and Gas, Inflation is Soaring - July 1, 2022
- Survive and Thrive July 2022: MONEY TALKS: Your Survival Guy’s Best Service in Paris - July 1, 2022
- Time to Save, Troubles Dining Out, and Intelligence on Yellowstone - June 30, 2022
- This State Leads America in Gun Ownership - June 30, 2022