BAE Systems and Embraer Defense & Security have set out to make what looks like an aircraft out of the Avatar movie. Embraer’s, all-electric aircraft called “Eve”, looks like an SA-2 Samson from Avatar. The joint study with BAE Systems will look to explore and develop a version of Embraer’s Eve (eVTOL) for the defense and security market. Read BAE System’s press release below.
The joint study builds on Eve’s development for the urban air mobility market and will look at how the aircraft could provide cost-effective, sustainable and adaptable capability as a defence variant.
Engineers from BAE Systems’ Air sector in Lancashire, UK, will work together with the Embraer Defense & Security team based São José dos Campos, in Brazil to explore how a defence variant could be used for a range of applications such as personnel transportation, surveillance and reconnaissance, disaster relief and humanitarian response.
Eve’s eVTOL could help to transform defence operations, whilst reducing their environmental impact – at a much lower operating cost than today’s platforms.
Latest posts by Steve Schneider (see all)
- World’s Most Advanced Military Aircraft Soon to be Unveiled - September 23, 2022
- Military Helicopter of the Future – S-97 Raider - September 23, 2022
- Unraveling Russia’s Secrets One Weapon at a Time - September 16, 2022
- America’s Most Accurate Artillery Round Now in Ukraine’s Arsenal - September 9, 2022
- VAMPIRE: Giving Ordinary Ukrainian Pickup Trucks Fangs - September 2, 2022