In my conversations with you, you’re telling me how you’re getting settled into your summer groove and how it’s not always easy. I hear you. Because when the days are three times longer than nights, there’s a lot of anxiety to “get stuff done.” And it doesn’t get easier with age.
When making coffee feels like climbing Everest, or doing the dishes is the last thing you want to do, remember, you’re not alone. This is a time of year packed with pressure, and as we get older, it’s more difficult to have patience because we like things the way we like them, and things need to be right. Just ask your spouse.
Action Line: One of my favorite quotes from Jack Bogle on investing is: “Just don’t do something, stand there.” It’s a quote I use all the time in reverse to my kids. I’ll get it straight one of these days. Pray for patience.
E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy
Latest posts by E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy (see all)
- Locking In a Generational Opportunity in Fixed Income - November 30, 2023
- RIP Charlie Munger: Keeping It Simple Never Goes out of Style - November 30, 2023
- Explosion in Gun Ownership Creates Difficulties for Progressives - November 30, 2023
- It’s California vs. Florida in the Big State Debate - November 29, 2023
- Shiffrin Brings It Home with World Cup Win at Killington - November 29, 2023