Will the Fed tighten at its next meeting? Listen, I’m Your Survival Guy, not some gambling website. We’ll see what happens, but I’m not betting the ranch on Charlie Brown threading the needle and kicking the field goal. What I do know is the Fed’s talking its book, and the market bid rates higher. What could possibly go wrong?
READ: The Dangers of a Federal Reserve Digital Currency
When there’s chaos in the markets, you need to be ready to strike as opportunities present themselves to you. When stocks and bonds were tumbling, bond yields all of a sudden looked more attractive. And that’s why snapping up an 18-month Treasury paying 2.75% was appealing. Hard to believe Your Survival Guy is excited about 2.75%, but the reality is, when 10-year bonds pay about the same, I’ll stick with the short-term note.
Action Line: Stick with Your Survival Guy. We’ll get through this one step at a time.
E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy
Latest posts by E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy (see all)
- “I Need Preservation of Principal and Growth” - March 22, 2023
- Are You Fairly Wealthy? I’m Listening - March 21, 2023
- How Long Is Your Water Supply Chain? - March 21, 2023
- Your Survival Guy’s BEST Insider’s Guide to Key West - March 20, 2023
- Be Wary of Those Who Wrap Themselves in Capes - March 20, 2023