Will the Fed tighten at its next meeting? Listen, I’m Your Survival Guy, not some gambling website. We’ll see what happens, but I’m not betting the ranch on Charlie Brown threading the needle and kicking the field goal. What I do know is the Fed’s talking its book, and the market bid rates higher. What could possibly go wrong?
When there’s chaos in the markets, you need to be ready to strike as opportunities present themselves to you. When stocks and bonds were tumbling, bond yields all of a sudden looked more attractive. And that’s why snapping up an 18-month Treasury paying 2.75% was appealing. Hard to believe Your Survival Guy is excited about 2.75%, but the reality is, when 10-year bonds pay about the same, I’ll stick with the short-term note.
Action Line: Stick with Your Survival Guy. We’ll get through this one step at a time.
E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy
Latest posts by E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy (see all)
- Money 101: There’s a Reason Family Always Comes 1st - November 26, 2022
- Teaching A Family Investment: Warren Buffett’s Annual Letter and You - November 25, 2022
- Happy Thanksgiving! - November 24, 2022
- Progressives Want to Blind You to Big City Crime - November 23, 2022
- Biden Rewards ESG Managers with New 401(k) Rule - November 23, 2022