You can feel the tension building up in my house as we head into Labor Day Weekend. Because for us, school hasn’t started, so the harsh, cold reality of the end of summer hasn’t hit us yet.
But it will.
Like a ton of bricks.
At 6:00 am Thursday.
That’s when my daughter begins her senior year of high school, and my son will be a sophomore. I’ve been singing “It’s the Most Wonderful Time of the Year” like the guy happily shopping for school supplies in the Staples commercial.
They tell me to “just stop.”
It’s hard knowing that at this time next year, my daughter will be off to college.
The anxious feelings in my gut from knowing that her leaving is right around the corner are like those people feel when facing any new chapter in life.
I don’t think I’m going to love this feeling. But somehow, we’ll get through it.
And yes, there are times when I’m ready to see her off on a new adventure, like, “right now!” for her sake, and I guess mine too.
We all must venture out into the world someday.
There isn’t an owner’s manual for many of the important stages in life. For example, retirement is tougher than it sounds.
The best strategy for getting through all of it is to surround yourself, your LIFE, with those you love.
And even if they’re not there all the time, they’ll always be with you.
Are you in pain? Does your body ache?
Well, it’s called life. But there’s something you can do about it. If you are in pain, this may help. It helped me.
E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy
Latest posts by E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy (see all)
- BLUE STATE BLUES: There’s No Way Out of This for Democrats - August 10, 2022
- Joe Manchin Has Broken Multiple Pledges to the American People - August 10, 2022
- HUGE CONGRATULATIONS: Joe Kent BEATS Trump-Impeaching Jaime Herrera Beutler in Oregon Congressional Primary - August 10, 2022
- Your Retirement Life: Let the Slow and Steady Be Your Way of LIFE - August 9, 2022
- Police Widow Blames Soros-Funded DA for Husband’s Death - August 9, 2022