Dan Mitchell of the Cato Institute shines a spotlight on politicians and activists who advocate for higher taxes but don’t voluntarily pay the rates they recommend. The obvious takeaway, these folks don’t put their money where their mouths are.
If you want to see a bunch of hypocritical leftists squirming with embarrassment, there’s a very clever video [watch below] showing what happens when a bunch of pro-tax hike millionaires are asked to voluntarily pay more money to the IRS.
I’ve even debated some of these rich, pro-tax statists on TV, telling them not to make the rest of us victims of their neurotic guilt feelings.
They definitely don’t put their money where their mouths are. There is an official government webpage where people can voluntary send extra cash to Washington, but the amount of money raised doesn’t even qualify as an asterisk in the federal budget.
Read more here.
Patriotic Millionaires Higher Taxes Treasury Department Donation
E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy
Latest posts by E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy (see all)
- Remembering Ronald Read Who Died with an $8 Million Fortune - September 23, 2022
- DeSantis Describes the Great American Exodus - September 23, 2022
- Honey, Where’d all the Covid Money Go? - September 23, 2022
- How Long Will Your Pension Fund Last? - September 23, 2022
- Sink Your Teeth into These Bond Yields - September 22, 2022