Take Newport, RI for example. The beaches are closed, but the Cliff Walk is open.
The Cliff Walk is narrow. It’s impossible to social distance on a five-foot wide path. Now, there’s a huge sign (like the ones you see on the side of a highway) flashing: “Face masks must be worn.”
In New Hampshire, the Appalachian Mountain Club is closing its hiking huts for the season. The parking lot to the popular Diana’s Bath trail is closed.
The Newport Folk and Jazz festivals are cancelled.
Who’s calling the shots?
I’d imagine there are government officials saying: “You want our support with the festivals next year? Then forget about this year.”
The degree to which your life will be controlled by government is now a regional event—blue state governors will make sure of that.
If you’re over 60 where you live matters. When government protects you, you become vulnerable—at no fault of your own.
E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy
Latest posts by E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy (see all)
- CATO: Global Freedom Is in Sharp Decline - January 27, 2023
- TIME FOR A GONDOLA? Little Cottonwood Canyon Jammed with Traffic - January 27, 2023
- Biden Administration Destroying Retiree Fiduciary Protections - January 27, 2023
- 4 Life Changing Words for Your Survival Guy: “You Should Try This” - January 26, 2023
- Anti-Carbon Crusaders in Davos Talk ESG and OPM - January 25, 2023