If you are like many soon-to-be-retirees in America, you’re looking forward to getting away from your cold, northern, probably-high-tax state and settling down in retirement in a southern locale with low taxes and warm winters. But, how can you know where you’ll like it best in your Golden Years? (for information on choosing a low-tax state, see the Richardcyoung.com Liberty & Freedom Map here).
Last month I encouraged you to do some A/B testing. Live short-term or spend a vacation in some of the places you’d potentially move to during retirement. Without actually staying there for a month or more, it can be really hard to judge whether or not you’ll be happy.
There’s another way to get a feel for new territory. Get an RV and travel the country until you find the right place for you. GoRVing.com has some tips about RVing that could help get you started on that adventure. Chief among the decisions you’ll need to make if you plan on traveling the country in an RV is whether you should rent or buy your vehicle. According to GoRVing.com:
- Many RV models allow a family of four to save up to 59% on vacation costs over other forms of travel. That’s a calculation that takes into account RV ownership costs, including payments, insurance, maintenance, tires, tax breaks, registration and depreciation.
- In today’s economy, there are great deals available on new RV models. Consider pre-owned units for more savings.
- Financing is readily available for qualified borrowers.
- You may qualify for a tax deduction because the interest on your RV loan is generally deductible as second-home mortgage interest. Check with your financial advisor to see if you qualify for the deduction.
Read more here.
E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy
Latest posts by E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy (see all)
- Lazy Cash Wandering Docks at Newport Boat Show - September 23, 2021
- This Chart Belongs on Your Fridge and More… - September 22, 2021
- Want to Buy A Condo in China? Are You Kidding? - September 21, 2021
- You Won’t Believe How Tame the Dot Com Bubble Looks - September 20, 2021
- What It Takes to Be like Tom Brady - September 20, 2021