Writing at The National Interest, Kyle Mizokami explains his choices of the five deadliest guns on the planet. Here is his list in a much abridged fashion:
- The Colt M1911A1: Designed by prolific gun designer John Moses Browning, and first introduced in 1911, the Colt 1911 pistol was meant to replace weaker .38 caliber pistols used by the U.S. Army during the Philippine Insurrection.
- The Glock 17: The Glock 17 was built around three key ideas: simplicity, reliability and ease of use. The handgun is easy to take apart, with a single press of the button removing the slide for cleaning and access to the barrel.
- The Sig P226: Developed by the Swiss-German partnership Sig Sauer to replace the M1911A1 in the U.S. Armed Forces, the Sig P226 failed to win the contract but received a major boost when U.S. Navy SEALs rejected their Beretta M9 pistols in favor of the Sig .
- The Smith & Wesson M&P: Smith and Wesson is one of the oldest names in American firearms. Although the company was mostly known for revolvers, it was inevitable that the company would come out with a Glock-style polymer handgun. The result, the M&P (Military and Police) became highly successful in its own right.
- The CZ 75: The CZ 75 handgun , introduced in 1975, borrowed a great deal from John Moses Browning’s late model pistol, the Browning Hi-Power, both externally and internally, but is not a copy, and features significant differences.
I am happy to see the Sig P226 show up on this list. It is the firearm I regularly use and I have owned one for years. I supplement my own regular P226 training schedule with visits to the Sig Sauer Academy in Epping, New Hampshire. At the academy, marksmen (and women) learn from talented teachers like Adam Painchaud how to properly and efficiently use their firearms .
E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy
Latest posts by E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy (see all)
- Retirement is No Fun if You’re Scared, Sick, or Broke - June 17, 2019
- America is Beating Japan in this Retirement Savings Measure, but Not for the Right Reason - June 14, 2019
- Thank You Sarah Huckabee Sanders - June 14, 2019
- Can You Lower Your Property Tax Bill in 8 Steps? - June 13, 2019
- Congratulations to the Stanley Cup Champion St. Louis Blues - June 13, 2019