Originally posted December 13, 2018.
You’ll benefit from spending some time reading “Top 10 Reasons You Should Own an AR-15,” by Mark Overstreet writing for the Federalist. One of the major misconceptions with the AR-15 is that it’s “automatic.” This is false.
If you pull the trigger of an AR-15 and hold it in for five or ten seconds—one round will be fired. That’s it. No more. You control the pace of the next round fired—not the rifle.
One more point, I own a Colt AR-15 and can tell you it shoots as smoothly as a hot knife through a stick of butter. You don’t have to reload it, taking your eye off the target after firing each round. Overstreet’s 10 reasons are:
- Being armed is your right and may be your civic duty.
- The AR-15 is the most useful firearm with which to defend against ‘every species of criminal usurpation’ because, first and foremost, it is a rifle.
- The AR-15 is a semi-automatic rifle.
- The AR-15 is one of the most validated rifles in history.
- The AR-15 is the most modular rifle in history.
- In most cases, you can fix your AR-15 yourself.
- The AR-15 is the rifle most commonly used for defensive firearm training.
- The AR-15 is the rifle most commonly used for marksmanship competitions.
- If you are skilled with your AR-15, you can help prepare young Americans for military service.
- The more Americans who own AR-15s, the more likely the Supreme Court will consider them “in common use.”
E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy
Latest posts by E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy (see all)
- Stop America’s Zombie Apocalypse before It Starts - December 1, 2023
- Survive and Thrive November 2023: A Word or Two about Your Survival Guy’s Money - December 1, 2023
- Small Government Just Works - December 1, 2023
- Locking In a Generational Opportunity in Fixed Income - November 30, 2023
- RIP Charlie Munger: Keeping It Simple Never Goes out of Style - November 30, 2023