I was driving past First Beach in Newport, RI, this past weekend, watching the waves from Hurricane Lee forming an offshore break from a northerly wind. It was peaceful. And it reminded me of the song “Oldest Surfer on the Beach” by Jimmy Buffett.
Appearing on the 2013 album Songs from St. Somewhere, it was written for JB by the great Mark Knopfler. You can’t help but recognize the guitar work by the Sultan of Swing.
As the song fades away, it’s as if an empty board drifts away without the oldest surfer on the beach. Surf on Jimmy.
E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy
Latest posts by E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy (see all)
- Wellesley Fund: “Balanced Investing Is Dead” (Please Stop) - December 8, 2023
- Do You Have a Plan to Protect Your Personal Data? - December 8, 2023
- DIRTY JOBS: America Needs Mining Engineers - December 8, 2023
- Investing Habits of the Fairly Wealthy: #2 Coach - December 7, 2023
- Have All of New Jersey’s Workers Already Moved to Florida? - December 7, 2023