Originally posted on April 26, 2019.
Make sure you have a chance to appreciate where you’re going and where you’ve been.
Jimmy Buffett put on a pop-up show Monday in Austin, TX in preparation for his summer tour “I Don’t Know”. A client of mine is driving up to Nashville, TN for tonight’s sold-out show at the Ascend Amphitheatre. Here’s a great video of Buffett and Jerry Jeff Walker. Walker (Mr. Bojangles) was the person who gave Buffett refuge in Coconut Grove, FL after he fled Nashville. It was in Walker’s Packard that they drove to Key West for Buffett’s first visit. It was there where they met Phil Clark, the “Pirate” in “A Pirate Looks at 40.”
The real pirate’s name was Phillip Clark. He was one of the most unforgettable characters I met when I first lived in Key West, back in the days before it turned into a boutique. When I finished the song, I knew I had done him justice, and it is a fitting eulogy to an old friend. He died a few years ago under an alias, washed up on a beach near San Francisco. They flew his body back to Key West where some of his ashes were scattered at sea, and some still sit above the cash register in the Full Moon Saloon.
E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy
Latest posts by E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy (see all)
- The Great Holocausts of the Twentieth Century Driven by Radical Ideologues - February 14, 2020
- Senate Pushes Back Against Sound Monetary Policy - February 14, 2020
- “Mr. Smart Guy’s” Bullish Signal for Stocks - February 13, 2020
- “Hello, McFly?” - February 13, 2020
- The Big Winners When You Faithfully Give to a Cause (Retirement) - February 12, 2020