Civil War re-enactors returned to Fort Adams in Newport for a historical weekend.
Newport This Week describes the event:
The Fort Adams Trust will bring the Civil War to life on Aug. 26-27 within the walls of Fort Adams with dramatic simulations of assaults, as well as re-creations of the daily life of soldiers and civilians during the 1860s. Beginning each day at 9 a.m., visitors can experience a day in the life of the soldiers and citizens, who will be outfitted in authentic 19th-century uniforms and dress, learning about everything from military tactics and cooking to family life during the Civil War.
The two days will include artillery and troop drills, dress parades, cooking demonstrations, lectures, historic displays, camp life, skirmishes and battles. Visitors to the encampment will be able to spend as long as they like amongst the re-enactors, asking them questions and observing the various exercises and demonstrations. They will also experience the Union and Confederate camps while soldiers strategize about the day’s actions. During the event, children will be encouraged to participate in a historical Scavenger Hunt for an opportunity to win daily prizes.
Read more here.
Fort Adams, Newport, RI Civil War Re-enactment May 19, 2013
E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy
Latest posts by E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy (see all)
- Are $2,000 Checks Going to Rebuild NYC? - January 15, 2021
- The Fed is Sacrificing Retirees to Save the Banks - January 15, 2021
- How Are You Doing on a Local Level? - January 14, 2021
- February RAGE Gauge: Americans Focusing on What’s In Front of Them - January 14, 2021
- There’s Always a Way Forward for Americans Like YOU - January 13, 2021