Civil War re-enactors returned to Fort Adams in Newport for a historical weekend.
Newport This Week describes the event:
The Fort Adams Trust will bring the Civil War to life on Aug. 26-27 within the walls of Fort Adams with dramatic simulations of assaults, as well as re-creations of the daily life of soldiers and civilians during the 1860s. Beginning each day at 9 a.m., visitors can experience a day in the life of the soldiers and citizens, who will be outfitted in authentic 19th-century uniforms and dress, learning about everything from military tactics and cooking to family life during the Civil War.
The two days will include artillery and troop drills, dress parades, cooking demonstrations, lectures, historic displays, camp life, skirmishes and battles. Visitors to the encampment will be able to spend as long as they like amongst the re-enactors, asking them questions and observing the various exercises and demonstrations. They will also experience the Union and Confederate camps while soldiers strategize about the day’s actions. During the event, children will be encouraged to participate in a historical Scavenger Hunt for an opportunity to win daily prizes.
Read more here.
Fort Adams, Newport, RI Civil War Re-enactment May 19, 2013
E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy
Latest posts by E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy (see all)
- Thrills in Bills: New Excitement for Treasury Investors - October 5, 2022
- WATCH: Jean-Pierre STUMPED By Question on Gas Prices - October 5, 2022
- Can Politics Predict the Markets? - October 5, 2022
- The Simple, Elegant Power of the Retirement Compounders - October 5, 2022
- My Money Sleeps: “I Never Bought a Car as an Investment in My Life,” Jay Leno - October 4, 2022