The BBC reports that China has surpassed the number of billionaires in America. The Middle Kingdom recorded a list of 594 of the ultra-wealthy citizens, to America’s 535. BBC writes:
The annual list is compiled by Shanghai publishers Hurun and often compared to the Forbes list in the US.
The Hurun Report’s rich list is one of the most closely-watched and accurate assessments of wealth in China. The annual report has been published for the past 18 years.
Earlier this year, the publisher released a separate, global list, showing that the number of billionaires in China outnumbered those in the US for the first time.
However, none of China’s super-rich make it into the global top 20.
At the top of the China rich list is Wang Jianlin, who sits on a personal fortune of $32.1bn (£26.4bn).
His company Dalian Wanda has made headlines throughout the year with a number of high profile forays into the US movie markets. It has taken over Legendary Pictures, as well as stepping into US and UK cinema chains and striking an alliance with Sony Pictures.
Alibaba’s Jack Ma is a close second with $30.6bn, and Pony Ma of internet and online gaming giant Tencent comes third with $24.6bn.
Chinese Billionaire Jack Ma on his Work Philosophy
E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy
Latest posts by E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy (see all)
- Warren Miller: If You Don’t Do It This Year, You’ll Be… - January 30, 2023
- Your Investment Focus Is the Foundation for Success - January 30, 2023
- CATO: Global Freedom Is in Sharp Decline - January 27, 2023
- TIME FOR A GONDOLA? Little Cottonwood Canyon Jammed with Traffic - January 27, 2023
- Biden Administration Destroying Retiree Fiduciary Protections - January 27, 2023