As I wrote to you on Wednesday, Bitcoin and Libra are two different animals. One is a digital asset and one is digital cash. Bitcoin being the asset, Libra being the cash.
But is Bitcoin an asset worth investing in? As I’ve written to you in the past, I love the idea of blockchain’s trustless ledger. But with my money or your money? No.
- Are Today’s Bitcoin Investors Making the Same Mistake as Isaac Newton?
- Beyond Bitcoin, Has Crypto-Boredom Set in?
- Can Bitcoin Ever Really Be a Currency?
- Emergency Cash: Bitcoin or Dollars?
- What do I think of Bitcoin? Part I
- Paul Singer Epically Savages Bitcoin
- Bitcoin is Interesting, But It’s Not the Next Gold
- $70 Million in Bitcoin was Stolen, Did Anyone Notice?
Bitcoin is like the Wild West where fortunes will be made and lost. I just don’t see the “margin of safety” today.
The following two tabs change content below.
E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy
E.J. Smith is Founder of YourSurvivalGuy.com, Managing Director at Richard C. Young & Co., Ltd., a Managing Editor of Richardcyoung.com, and Editor-in-Chief of Youngresearch.com. His focus at all times is on preparing clients and readers for “Times Like These.” E.J. graduated from Babson College in Wellesley, Massachusetts, with a B.S. in finance and investments. In 1995, E.J. began his investment career at Fidelity Investments in Boston before joining Richard C. Young & Co., Ltd. in 1998. E.J. has trained at Sig Sauer Academy in Epping, NH. His first drum set was a 5-piece Slingerland with Zildjians. He grew-up worshiping Neil Peart (RIP) of the band Rush, and loves the song Tom Sawyer—the name of his family’s boat, a Grady-White Canyon 306. He grew up in Mattapoisett, MA, an idyllic small town on the water near Cape Cod. He spends time in Newport, RI and Bartlett, NH—both as far away from Wall Street as one could mentally get. The Newport office is on a quiet, tree lined street not far from the harbor and the log cabin in Bartlett, NH, the “Live Free or Die” state, sits on the edge of the White Mountain National Forest. He enjoys spending time in Key West and Paris. Please get in touch with E.J. at email@example.com To sign up for my free monthly Survive & Thrive letter, click here.
Latest posts by E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy (see all)
- Rome, Paris, U.S.A.: Global Crisis in Confidence - June 2, 2023
- Your Survival Guy’s Best Insider’s Guide to Rome - June 2, 2023
- What Is a Fiduciary Duty? Are You Working with a Fiduciary? - June 2, 2023
- Survive and Thrive June 2023: Your Survival Guy in Rome 30-Years A.B. (After Babson) - June 1, 2023
- Birth Rates in France Worst Since Post-WWII Era - June 1, 2023