Not much has changed in the last month. That’s the conclusion in reviewing the data points in June’s RAGE Gauge. As I mentioned in last month’s gauge, investors seem to be complacent and that feeling continues today. It never ceases to amaze me how quickly investors forget about the devastation markets can bring. They troll the internet for articles that support their points of view. And all is right in their world. Until it isn’t.
This is the perfect time to imagine the market falling by 40% to see what that would feel like. How would your overall portfolio handle it? Have you done enough to protect your downside? In my experience, most have not. They realize the pain when it’s too late. Selling your winners isn’t easy, but it could be the best thing for you to do today. An easy way to do this is to set a goal, let’s say to be completed by the end of summer, and do a little bit at a time.
E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy
Latest posts by E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy (see all)
- Are $2,000 Checks Going to Rebuild NYC? - January 15, 2021
- The Fed is Sacrificing Retirees to Save the Banks - January 15, 2021
- How Are You Doing on a Local Level? - January 14, 2021
- February RAGE Gauge: Americans Focusing on What’s In Front of Them - January 14, 2021
- There’s Always a Way Forward for Americans Like YOU - January 13, 2021