UPDATE 11.30.23: Have you added fixed income to your portfolio yet? After over a decade of loose monetary policy, some investors have forgotten about the benefits of fixed income in their portfolios. Some younger investors have come into adulthood having never experienced bond yields worth sinking their teeth into. Now they can. Don’t miss a generational opportunity in fixed income.
Originally posted April 14, 2023.
As you can see below, you’re witnessing a generational opportunity in fixed income. Attention retirees and those soon to be retired—don’t miss the boat. Because when you can lock in yields for years and years into the future—a large chunk of your retirement life—Your Survival Guy wants you to pay attention.
Sink your teeth into these yields. Lock some money in for five or seven years. Tackle the reinvestment risk CD investors face at maturity, which comes way too soon. I’m not comfortable with the Fed’s track record of cutting rates at any sign of trouble. Imagine going back in time, again, where rates are stuck at zero.
Make as much money as you can with Your Survival Guy’s margin of safety. Taking action is hard. Something always gets in the way. The to do list doesn’t get smaller as you get older. Dealing with more and more money is one of life’s greatest challenges.
What if the black swan is still lurking? Bad stuff happens. I witness it firsthand. And when the power goes out at my house, and the generator doesn’t kick in, among other things, Your Survival Guy calls the experts.
- LOSING POWER: Your Survival Guy’s Nightmare Scenario
- Your Survival Guy Under Fire!: Part I
- Your Survival Guy: Out of Gas in Newport
- MAYDAY: Black Smoke Rising from Your Survival Guy’s Boat
- Your Survival Guy: Out of Gas in Newport, Now What?
The stagnation of stock prices. It’s a thing. You know how I feel about prices. They’re qualitative. They’re speculative. They’re built on hope and a prayer. Income and dividends are quantitative. You can sink your teeth into cold hard cash. Prices are stubborn.
Action Line: Take advantage of a generational opportunity in fixed income. When you’re ready to lock them in, I’m here. You’ll be first in line.
E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy
Latest posts by E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy (see all)
- Locking In a Generational Opportunity in Fixed Income - November 30, 2023
- RIP Charlie Munger: Keeping It Simple Never Goes out of Style - November 30, 2023
- Explosion in Gun Ownership Creates Difficulties for Progressives - November 30, 2023
- It’s California vs. Florida in the Big State Debate - November 29, 2023
- Shiffrin Brings It Home with World Cup Win at Killington - November 29, 2023