Is your lazy cash sitting around eating all your Easter candy? Murdering Peeps and defenseless chocolate bunnies? Well, after this weekend, that needs to stop. No más. With Fidelity’s Treasury Money Market (FZFXX) yielding close to 4.5%, it’s time to get your lazy cash off the couch. A little spring cleaning, if you will.
If you’ve been living in a cave, and I don’t fault you for that, then you know the village is in an uproar over the banks. This is nothing new to Your Survival Guy, and I hope to you. Since the beginning of time, the “smartest guys” in the kingdom have been reckless with other people’s money. And when the money’s gone, it’s gone.
In this young century, stocks have been down over 20% not once, not twice, but four times. Will it happen again? Will the black swan swoop in again picking off its prey? Probably. Will investors learn the hard way? Probably.
My goal for you, dear reader, is return of assets. Patience. Compound interest. Not the return on assets. Prices come and go. As a fiduciary, my job is to work for you, period. Not ESG or DEI. Keep it simple. Easy to understand. Hard to do.
Action Line: Look at this from Vanguard. Look at page 8. Try to please everyone, and you end up pleasing no one. Let’s talk.WebPage
E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy
Latest posts by E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy (see all)
- Rome, Paris, U.S.A.: Global Crisis in Confidence - June 2, 2023
- Your Survival Guy’s Best Insider’s Guide to Rome - June 2, 2023
- What Is a Fiduciary Duty? Are You Working with a Fiduciary? - June 2, 2023
- Survive and Thrive June 2023: Your Survival Guy in Rome 30-Years A.B. (After Babson) - June 1, 2023
- Birth Rates in France Worst Since Post-WWII Era - June 1, 2023