Investment demand and sales of silver coins have surged in 2016. The Silver Institute notes that in the first half of 2016, the price of silver has gained 44%. Blanchard writes:
Investment demand for silver has been increasing on almost every front. ETF holdings hit a record high of more than 662 million ounces, while net longs in the futures and options markets also are at all-time levels.
And in the physical market, coin sales are booming again in 2016, up 29% for the first quarter of this year, growing at “at double digit paces in all the major regions” of the world. The only down spot the institute found was a dropoff in the consumption of silver bars in the first half.
E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy
Latest posts by E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy (see all)
- What Kind of Life Are You Investing For? - January 31, 2023
- Why Don’t These Mayors Seem to Care? - January 31, 2023
- Warren Miller: If You Don’t Do It This Year, You’ll Be… - January 30, 2023
- Your Investment Focus Is the Foundation for Success - January 30, 2023
- CATO: Global Freedom Is in Sharp Decline - January 27, 2023