Investment demand and sales of silver coins have surged in 2016. The Silver Institute notes that in the first half of 2016, the price of silver has gained 44%. Blanchard writes:
Investment demand for silver has been increasing on almost every front. ETF holdings hit a record high of more than 662 million ounces, while net longs in the futures and options markets also are at all-time levels.
And in the physical market, coin sales are booming again in 2016, up 29% for the first quarter of this year, growing at “at double digit paces in all the major regions” of the world. The only down spot the institute found was a dropoff in the consumption of silver bars in the first half.
E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy
Latest posts by E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy (see all)
- My Nephew Graduates, and I’m Larry the Cable Guy - June 5, 2023
- California Is Driving These Wealthy Businesses Out of the State - June 5, 2023
- Rome, Paris, U.S.A.: Global Crisis in Confidence - June 2, 2023
- Your Survival Guy’s Best Insider’s Guide to Rome - June 2, 2023
- What Is a Fiduciary Duty? Are You Working with a Fiduciary? - June 2, 2023