It turns out during the recent U.S./China battle the trade to have made was to buy bonds such as Vanguard GNMA.
Yesterday, when the Dow fell 600 points, or 2.38%, and the tech-stuffed NASDAQ cratered (3.41%), Vanguard GNMA was up. Not a lot. But it made money nonetheless.
The sooner you install a counterbalanced strategy with your hard-earned money, the more comfortable you’ll feel in times like these.
The key to enjoying the retirement you deserve is to understand that markets can become violent, and when they do, bonds can be your best defense.
E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy
Latest posts by E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy (see all)
- Are You Working with Sound Investment Counsel You Can Trust? - September 22, 2020
- Vaccine? What’s Love Got to Do with It? - September 22, 2020
- Joe Biden: Forgetful Yes, Forgotten, Not So Much - September 22, 2020
- One Simple Way to Help Your Finances in Times Like These - September 21, 2020
- People Under 20 Have Basically Zero Risk of Dying from COVID-19 - September 21, 2020