It turns out during the recent U.S./China battle the trade to have made was to buy bonds such as Vanguard GNMA.
Yesterday, when the Dow fell 600 points, or 2.38%, and the tech-stuffed NASDAQ cratered (3.41%), Vanguard GNMA was up. Not a lot. But it made money nonetheless.
The sooner you install a counterbalanced strategy with your hard-earned money, the more comfortable you’ll feel in times like these.
The key to enjoying the retirement you deserve is to understand that markets can become violent, and when they do, bonds can be your best defense.
E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy
Latest posts by E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy (see all)
- Teaching A Family Investment: Warren Buffett’s Annual Letter and You - March 1, 2021
- Welcome to the Interest Rate Prediction Business, JACK! - February 26, 2021
- Petrified Snow/Ice Fishing? How about a Boat? and More - February 25, 2021
- COVID Chaos: New York and California vs. Florida and South Dakota - February 24, 2021
- How One Man and His Family Survived the Texas Deep Freeze - February 24, 2021