It turns out during the recent U.S./China battle the trade to have made was to buy bonds such as Vanguard GNMA.
Yesterday, when the Dow fell 600 points, or 2.38%, and the tech-stuffed NASDAQ cratered (3.41%), Vanguard GNMA was up. Not a lot. But it made money nonetheless.
The sooner you install a counterbalanced strategy with your hard-earned money, the more comfortable you’ll feel in times like these.
The key to enjoying the retirement you deserve is to understand that markets can become violent, and when they do, bonds can be your best defense.
E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy
Latest posts by E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy (see all)
- The FIRE Movement by the Numbers - July 16, 2019
- When the Lights Go Down in the City - July 16, 2019
- Captain’s Log from Your Survival Guy’s Fourth of July Weekend - July 15, 2019
- The IRS is Coming after Your IRA with this Hidden Tax - July 12, 2019
- Cook County Residents Forced from Their Homes - July 11, 2019