In another case of a good guy with a gun stopping bad guys with a gun, a Florida homeowner shot and killed two burglars attempting to break into his home last week. The state of Florida was a pioneer in the protection of homeowners with its groundbreaking 2005 legislative protection of homeowners and victims. The law is known as the “Castle Doctrine,” and protects Floridians from those who would seek to harm them.
Fox News reports on the Florida homeowner who took the defense of his home against armed criminals into his own hands:
Two men — one of whom had a gun — were shot and killed by a Florida homeowner in an apparent act of self-defense after the resident caught the duo trying to break into his Titusville home Thursday, officials said.
The Brevard County Sheriff’s Office said the incident happened around noon, with one of the men dying at the scene and the other pronounced dead later at a hospital.
“The second one was able to run from the residence, made it down the street and collapsed down the street,” Brevard Sheriff’s Spokesman Todd Goodyear told FOX35 Orlando.
The station reported residents in the neighborhood had recently formed a watch group after a shooting there last year left one person dead.
Police said the shooter in Thursday’s incident — the homeowner — appeared to be acting in self-defense. An investigation is ongoing to determine whether charges will be filed.
E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy
Latest posts by E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy (see all)
- Stop America’s Zombie Apocalypse before It Starts - December 1, 2023
- Survive and Thrive November 2023: A Word or Two about Your Survival Guy’s Money - December 1, 2023
- Small Government Just Works - December 1, 2023
- Locking In a Generational Opportunity in Fixed Income - November 30, 2023
- RIP Charlie Munger: Keeping It Simple Never Goes out of Style - November 30, 2023