Good morning from Newport on this beautiful November morning—what an election—and it’s not over yet. You know from these pages how we turned the waters off Newport red this summer with a Trump boat parade that was even better in person.
What the pictures can’t capture is the radio chatter. The emotions we heard over our marine radio were of boaters proud to be Americans. They were standing up for President Trump because he stood up for THEM.
While walking down the dock to our slip, a fellow boater said, “good morning Cap., welcome to COVID free waters.” It was a casual gesture that took the edge off as everyone stopped judging each other for a moment. The salt air felt so good on your skin, and the expanse of the water looked like freedom. It was fun while it lasted—but it can’t last forever without a fight.
Now here we are in November, and the reality this morning is that yesterday, Rhode Island Gov. Raimondo instituted new COVID curfews of 10 pm during the week and 10:30 on weekends. Welcome to Rhode Island, where it’s the blue-state-way or the highway.
In their world, they truly believe they know what’s best for you. Wrong. What my fellow boaters were saying that Sunday morning was we can take care of ourselves, and you (big government) work for us—not the other way around.
E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy
Latest posts by E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy (see all)
- Happy Memorial Day: Your Survival Guy: Proud To Be an American - May 29, 2023
- Your Survival Guy in Rome 30-Years A.B. (After Babson) - May 26, 2023
- Insurers Now Fleeing the Net Zero Insurance Alliance - May 26, 2023
- A Three-Week International Research Trip to Paris via Rome - May 25, 2023
- Will Biden Repeat Obama with US Debt Downgrade? - May 25, 2023