Did you know there are over 3,000 companies in the Nasdaq Composite, and that the index is market weighted—i.e. the biggest companies have the most impact? Apple, Facebook, Amazon.com, Microsoft, and Google comprise 40% of the index’s gains this year according to Birinyi Associates. And they combine to represent 29% of the index’s market capitalization. That’s a lot of money in a handful of stocks. Owning an index of 3,000 stocks doesn’t always mean diversification.
E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy
Latest posts by E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy (see all)
- Buying A Boat: Who’s Looking Out for You? - August 12, 2022
- Corporate Borrowers Giving Up on the ESG Market - August 12, 2022
- Even the ACLU Hates Gavin Newsom’s New Gun Control Law - August 12, 2022
- Your Survival Guy’s Favorite Number is 72: Here’s Why - August 11, 2022
- WHOLE FOODS CEO: “Socialists Are Taking Over” - August 11, 2022