Did you know there are over 3,000 companies in the Nasdaq Composite, and that the index is market weighted—i.e. the biggest companies have the most impact? Apple, Facebook, Amazon.com, Microsoft, and Google comprise 40% of the index’s gains this year according to Birinyi Associates. And they combine to represent 29% of the index’s market capitalization. That’s a lot of money in a handful of stocks. Owning an index of 3,000 stocks doesn’t always mean diversification.
E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy
Latest posts by E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy (see all)
- Can the Supreme Court Stop Wealth Taxes Before They Start? - November 28, 2023
- Families Can’t Save Enough - November 28, 2023
- Biden’s Inflation Blame Game - November 28, 2023
- Are Investors Ready to Pounce? - November 27, 2023
- Disney Signals Problems with the ESG Agenda - November 27, 2023