Did you know there are over 3,000 companies in the Nasdaq Composite, and that the index is market weighted—i.e. the biggest companies have the most impact? Apple, Facebook, Amazon.com, Microsoft, and Google comprise 40% of the index’s gains this year according to Birinyi Associates. And they combine to represent 29% of the index’s market capitalization. That’s a lot of money in a handful of stocks. Owning an index of 3,000 stocks doesn’t always mean diversification.
E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy
Latest posts by E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy (see all)
- Are $2,000 Checks Going to Rebuild NYC? - January 15, 2021
- The Fed is Sacrificing Retirees to Save the Banks - January 15, 2021
- How Are You Doing on a Local Level? - January 14, 2021
- February RAGE Gauge: Americans Focusing on What’s In Front of Them - January 14, 2021
- There’s Always a Way Forward for Americans Like YOU - January 13, 2021