I received this from a client that spends a lot of time on the road. It’s an exhortation to awareness. The phrase “keep your head on a swivel,” has become synonymous with personal security. Awareness of your surroundings can mean the difference between having time to prepare or being caught totally off guard. The November/December issue of Antique Automobile tells drivers to increase their awareness by driving their vehicle more like a motorcyclist would drive, always scanning the surroundings.
In his year-end catch up column, Steven Rossi writes:
Want to become a better car driver? Then ride a motorcycle! Serious motorcyclists are always scanning their surroundings so they’re continually aware of what’s going on ahead, beside and behind them, they operate with a heightened awareness and sensitivity toward road conditions and weather variations and they pay particular attention in planning ahead in the event of the unexpected. Going out and simply “enjoying the scenery” is somewhat of a misnomer when it comes to experienced motorcycle riders. You will notice that those extended skills will carry over into your everyday m.o. (modus operandi) while out on the road with four wheels.
E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy
Latest posts by E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy (see all)
- Rome, Paris, U.S.A.: Global Crisis in Confidence - June 2, 2023
- Your Survival Guy’s Best Insider’s Guide to Rome - June 2, 2023
- What Is a Fiduciary Duty? Are You Working with a Fiduciary? - June 2, 2023
- Survive and Thrive June 2023: Your Survival Guy in Rome 30-Years A.B. (After Babson) - June 1, 2023
- Birth Rates in France Worst Since Post-WWII Era - June 1, 2023