Marines carry it, SEALs carry it, and you should too. Duct tape, it holds what needs holding. At the Loadout Room, Scott Witner explains a great way to carry a bit of duct tape in your everyday carry kit. He writes:
If something doesn’t move that is supposed to then use WD-40. If that something moves and it isn’t supposed to, then use duct tape. Ever since MacGyver first aired back in the day, my eyes have been opened to the multitude of uses that it has if you think outside the box a little. In the Marine Corps we referred to it as riggers tape and yes we taped everything with that stuff.
Not too long ago I was showed an interesting tip from a former Navy SEAL. Part of his everyday EDC was his Streamlight flashlight. Wrapped around the barrel of the light was about a foot or two of 1″ wide gorilla duct tape. It’s an easy way to have some duct tape on you and doesn’t take up anymore valuable space in your pockets. I’ve honestly used mine a time or two since carrying it this way.
Read more here.
E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy
Latest posts by E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy (see all)
- Remembering Ronald Read Who Died with an $8 Million Fortune - September 23, 2022
- DeSantis Describes the Great American Exodus - September 23, 2022
- Honey, Where’d all the Covid Money Go? - September 23, 2022
- How Long Will Your Pension Fund Last? - September 23, 2022
- Sink Your Teeth into These Bond Yields - September 22, 2022