How could a group of hackers on the other side of the world bring down the gasoline supply for most of the Eastern Seaboard of the United States?
As you can see on the map below, there are very few refined product pipelines running up the very populated areas of the East Coast.
Years of environmentalists opposing new pipelines and new refineries and years of Big Labor opposing the repeal of Jones Act shipping restrictions have meant a lack of new supply of petroleum products to the East where they’re needed. If alternatives to the Colonial Pipeline had been allowed to flourish, a shutdown by hackers wouldn’t be so disastrous for America.
All those policies are used by progressives in an effort to keep oil in the ground. See the problem yet?
Action Line: Hopefully you have enough fuel stored to get your family through any pending shortages. If not, you may want to fill up on the way home.
E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy
Latest posts by E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy (see all)
- Buying A Boat: Who’s Looking Out for You? - August 12, 2022
- Corporate Borrowers Giving Up on the ESG Market - August 12, 2022
- Even the ACLU Hates Gavin Newsom’s New Gun Control Law - August 12, 2022
- Your Survival Guy’s Favorite Number is 72: Here’s Why - August 11, 2022
- WHOLE FOODS CEO: “Socialists Are Taking Over” - August 11, 2022