After eight years of open hostility to gun owners from the Obama administration, President Trump is reversing course and using the government’s power to protect the second amendment rights of Americans, not to threaten them. President Trump was the first president since Ronald Reagan to address the NRA’s annual meeting, held in April. There he promised to come through for NRA members, who had overwhelmingly backed him in the election. America’s 1st Freedom writes:
“You came through for me, and I am going to come through for you,” he said.
To cheers from the crowd, Trump described how the long years of having an anti-gun president in the White House are thankfully over.
“The eight-year assault on your Second Amendment freedoms has come to a crashing end,” he said. “No longer will federal agencies be going after law-abiding gun owners. No longer will government be trying to undermine your rights and your freedoms as Americans.”
Read more here.
President Trump’s full NRA speech
E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy
Latest posts by E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy (see all)
- Happy Martin Luther King Jr. Day! - January 18, 2021
- Are $2,000 Checks Going to Rebuild NYC? - January 15, 2021
- The Fed is Sacrificing Retirees to Save the Banks - January 15, 2021
- How Are You Doing on a Local Level? - January 14, 2021
- February RAGE Gauge: Americans Focusing on What’s In Front of Them - January 14, 2021