Despite a nearly monthlong media assault on Tucker Carlson, using misinterpretations of Carlson’s words in an attempt to drive sponsors and viewers from his show, it appears he has survived. Ratings for Carlson’s show in August were not significantly affected, reports Mediaite:
Tucker Carlson has come under intense scrutiny in the past few weeks, and has lost advertisers, following his recent comments dismissing white supremacy as “not a real problem in America” and saying the concern about it is a “hoax.”
The controversy has not significantly affected Carlson’s ratings, though. He averaged 3.11 million total viewers in August and 500K in the 25-54 demo, compared to 3.15 million total and 519K in July.
Carlson’s show is still No. 2 in cable news overall, with Sean Hannity still at number one, Laura Ingraham at number three, and The Five at number four continuing to beat even rival networks’ primetime programming at 5 pm. The performance of those top four shows highlighted another month on top for Fox News — which finished with the most total day viewers in all of basic cable for the 38th straight month, and the third straight month in primetime.
Rachel Maddow‘s show came in at number five, with an average of 2.33 million viewers, more than double Chris Cuomo‘s 1.11 million in the same 9 pm time slot.
Read more here.
E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy
Latest posts by E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy (see all)
- Tucker Decapitates the “Clubby, Corrupted, Status Quo” Establishment - December 13, 2019
- Congratulations Hall of Fame Goalie and Boston Bruins Great Tim Thomas - December 13, 2019
- Season’s Greetings from Newport - December 13, 2019
- This is how Great Bobby Orr was During his Prime - December 12, 2019
- This is What Troubles Me About Safe Deposit Boxes - December 11, 2019