If you don’t know Rep. Dan Crenshaw, R-Texas, you will. “In the SEALs, he served three tours in Afghanistan, and it was in Helmand Province that he lost his right eye in a roadside bomb explosion,” explains Nicole Russell at the Washington Examiner. “With his eye patch, he has a distinctive look that draws attention in our social media age. Men applaud it, and women love its action-man appeal.”
Crenshaw is a busy guy, despite having been in Washington D.C. for only a few months. He sits on the House Budget Committee and the Homeland Security Committee, and is a ranking member on the Subcommittee on Oversight, Management, and Accountability. And, my favorite, he is a member of the Subcommittee on Emergency Preparedness, Response, and Recovery.
And he’s not afraid to reach across the aisle, which he’s done with chairwoman of the Oversight Subcommittee, Rep. Xochitl Torres Small from New Mexico’s 2nd District. “She’s willing to prioritize things we both want to work on. You could do a lot with the Subcommittee on Homeland Security to make an enemy out of me, and she doesn’t appear to want to do that.”
Regarding that socialist freshman whose name I will not mention? Crenshaw laughs and tells Russell, “She’s actually a nemesis for moderate Democrats. She and I have nothing to talk about.”
Read more about Rep. Crenshaw here.
Crenshaw: Our Immigration System Is Unfair To Legal Immigrants, Trafficked Children, Our Sovereignty
E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy
Latest posts by E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy (see all)
- THE UNWOKENING: Corporate Executives Signal Big Step Back on ESG - October 7, 2022
- Putin’s Biggest Advantage Is Biden’s Terrible Economic Policies - October 7, 2022
- Remember Tony Bobulinksi? You’ll Be Stunned by What He’s Saying Now - October 7, 2022
- The Problem with Interest Rate Predictors - October 6, 2022
- Louisiana Joins West Virginia, Texas in Targeting BlackRock’s ESG Activism - October 6, 2022