You’ll want to pay attention to this weekend’s election in Iceland where “a collection of anarchists, hackers, libertarians and Web geeks”, or the Pirate Party, may soon be king, reports The Washington Post. In a year where Brexit, Edward Snowden, and Donald Trump roll off the tongue, politics as usual is history. Citizens of the world feel their political system is not only rigged, but that the system is rigged against them. On a recent flight home from Paris, I re-watched the movie The Big Short based on the book of the same title by Michael Lewis (author of my favorites Moneyball and Liar’s Poker) about the housing crisis of 2008. You’ll remember, more so if you read it, what a disaster it was for Iceland. Rubbing salt in that wound was the revelation this Spring, thanks to the leaked Panama Papers, revealing an offshore company owned by the prime minister’s wife staking a claim to Iceland’s collapsed banks. Stay tuned.
Iceland’s Pirate Party looks set for incredible election win.
The Big Short Official Trailer #1 (2015) – Brad Pitt, Christian Bale Drama Movie HD
E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy
Latest posts by E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy (see all)
- Early Advice from Her Dad on Tipping at Charlie Trotter’s - February 2, 2023
- Treasury Bonds Ready to Rock and Roll - February 2, 2023
- Survive and Thrive February 2023: 4 Life Changing Words: “You Should Try This” - February 1, 2023
- Tom Brady Retires, Again. Should You? - February 1, 2023
- Reagan’s America Remembered by Your Survival Guy and More - February 1, 2023