I’m optimistic this morning. Lucky you.
One reason why, is that my Cato friend Tucker Carlson is replacing embattled, former Fox News host Bill O’Reilly. If anyone is up to the task to fill this important time slot, it’s Tucker Carlson. He can bridge the gap between the Baby Boomers and the Millennials. He has a great feel for the pulse of America.
The other reason for my optimism is because of guys like Mike Rowe, a recent guest of Carlson’s, who is doing the heavy lifting on issues that need to be addressed-like jobs. If you are a young parent like me, you can relate to my concern about future work for my kids.
What has the four year college experience gotten us other than a more expensive degree every year? What’s wrong with being an entrepreneur and finding your way without a degree?
Meeting with prospective clients in Newport, RI yesterday, we talked about how kids expect to leave college and become CEO because that’s what they are taught. I remember the courses well when I was at Babson. But that’s not how the real world works. My first boss at Fidelity couldn’t have cared less about what I learned as a stack of work was dropped on my desk.
Why spend half a million dollars on an asset with diminishing returns?
There has to be a better way.
I can’t put it any better than this quote from Mike Rowe former host of Dirty Jobs: “If you want to make America great again, you gotta make work cool again.”
E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy
Latest posts by E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy (see all)
- CATO: Global Freedom Is in Sharp Decline - January 27, 2023
- TIME FOR A GONDOLA? Little Cottonwood Canyon Jammed with Traffic - January 27, 2023
- Biden Administration Destroying Retiree Fiduciary Protections - January 27, 2023
- 4 Life Changing Words for Your Survival Guy: “You Should Try This” - January 26, 2023
- Anti-Carbon Crusaders in Davos Talk ESG and OPM - January 25, 2023