One of my favorite drummers is the Rolling Stones’ Charlie Watts, known for keeping it simple, keeping the beat, and playing to the song. He doesn’t look for something that’s not there.
There’s a story about how Watts could play a song in the studio then have the volume turned off, with everyone leaving the room, continue playing in silence, and when they came back in and turned the music back on he was still on beat.
Think about that for a moment. Let it sink in as you consider what’s going on today. There’s a lot of noise out there. Imagine turning it off. Would you stop what you’re doing? I hope you have the confidence to stay on beat. Listen to your inner ear and don’t look for something that’s not there.
The Rolling Stones – Sympathy For The Devil (Live) – OFFICIAL
THE ROLLING STONES CHARLIE WATTS EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW – THE ABC&D OF BOOGIE WOOGIE
E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy
Latest posts by E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy (see all)
- CATO: Global Freedom Is in Sharp Decline - January 27, 2023
- TIME FOR A GONDOLA? Little Cottonwood Canyon Jammed with Traffic - January 27, 2023
- Biden Administration Destroying Retiree Fiduciary Protections - January 27, 2023
- 4 Life Changing Words for Your Survival Guy: “You Should Try This” - January 26, 2023
- Anti-Carbon Crusaders in Davos Talk ESG and OPM - January 25, 2023