Who would have thought you could make money fishing in retirement? I’ll explain.
“Hey, E.J., quick question. I’ve got a minute before my next pick-up.” That’s when it hit me. He wasn’t joking about working for Uber. Nice! What a great way to pick-up some extra cash.
Why wouldn’t you work for Uber? The money is good. Much better than I had expected. And, he told me, “I’m meeting some incredible people.”
He is learning a ton. How many retirees can say they’re meeting new people at a part-time job, having fun, while being the boss?
It’s meeting people and getting some fresh ideas that I like the best. It’s amazing what kids know these days. It’s one of the best perks of the job. In my experience travelling, I’ve gained valuable on the ground intelligence from whomever is driving whether it be Uber, a taxi, or a car service. They’re happy to share the “word on the street.”
If you take a job with Uber, here’s a tip: You want to get your car in the right position to be able to get more pick-up requests. He said it’s a lot like fishing. The best spots are your fishing hole.
You don’t tell anyone about them.
E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy
Latest posts by E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy (see all)
- Demography Is Destiny: You Will Rise and Stand - April 12, 2021
- Fidelity Investments #1: Hires 4,000 Focuses on YOU - April 12, 2021
- Be Dangerous: Biden’s Progressive Puppeteers’ E.O. Gun Grab - April 9, 2021
- It’s as Simple as 4%? No, Not Anymore - April 9, 2021
- One Word Explains the Worth of Your Neighbors’ House - April 8, 2021