You don’t want to be in the prediction business, period, especially when it comes to your hard-earned money. In the last week, by example, my favored GNMA fund (managed by Wellington), surged by over one percent. In a week! That’s a big move when the annual yield is around three percent.
Markets are funny. The reason for the surge in GNMAs is because the market now believes the Fed will only raise rates a couple times this year. The market, remember, is a forward looking mechanism and had already priced in three increases.
This week, in studying Richard C. Young’s Intelligence Report from February 1989, I smiled when I came across this timeless quote: “Do not make your family investment decisions based on predictions. Am I clear on the word predictions? Cross the word out of your financial vocabulary.”
E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy
Latest posts by E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy (see all)
- Petrified Snow/Ice Fishing? How about a Boat? and More - February 25, 2021
- COVID Chaos: New York and California vs. Florida and South Dakota - February 24, 2021
- How One Man and His Family Survived the Texas Deep Freeze - February 24, 2021
- UPDATE: Your Gun Rights and Freedom Are Under Assault - February 22, 2021
- Deep Survival, Who Lives, Who Dies, and Why - February 22, 2021