You don’t want to be in the prediction business, period, especially when it comes to your hard-earned money. In the last week, by example, my favored GNMA fund (managed by Wellington), surged by over one percent. In a week! That’s a big move when the annual yield is around three percent.
Markets are funny. The reason for the surge in GNMAs is because the market now believes the Fed will only raise rates a couple times this year. The market, remember, is a forward looking mechanism and had already priced in three increases.
This week, in studying Richard C. Young’s Intelligence Report from February 1989, I smiled when I came across this timeless quote: “Do not make your family investment decisions based on predictions. Am I clear on the word predictions? Cross the word out of your financial vocabulary.”
E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy
Latest posts by E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy (see all)
- Get Off the Investment Roller Coaster: Have a Plan - September 29, 2022
- These 10 States Are Fighting for Your Liberty Retirement - September 29, 2022
- IN FOR THE LONG HAUL: Building Wealth with Compounding - September 29, 2022
- What Can We Learn from Hurricane Season? - September 28, 2022
- FOLLOW THE MONEY: Wealthy Americans Fleeing High Tax States Faster than Others - September 28, 2022