Originally posted August 2, 2022.
Do you have $500,000 in savings? Is it working for you, or is it stuck in the summer doldrums taking up space in your house? Don’t let another day go by without seriously considering a conversation with Your Survival Guy about putting your lazy cash to work.
Look, there’s a reason I’m writing to you, and that’s to help you survive and thrive in all aspects of your life. But it’s easy to let the money stuff sit around and do nothing. You can only read so much. At some point, you gotta do something. Inertia is the investor’s worst nightmare.
Take, for example, the huge move in interest rates compared to this time last year. The bond game is alive and well. And when it comes to blue-chip dividend-paying stocks, all of a sudden they’re all the rage. We’ve been raving about them forever and continue to do so.
Yes, this is not just a call to action. It’s a call to action to send an email to me. That’s easy. Because it’s in times like these when idly wondering “what am I doing?” is the killer. I know this to be true because I live it every single day. Great ideas are great. But it’s the execution of those ideas that makes the world go ’round.
Action Line: Investing takes courage. I believe in you. I’m Your Survival Guy, not your “I think we’ll make it” guy. Hope is not a strategy. If you have $500,000 in savings, let’s talk.
E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy
Latest posts by E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy (see all)
- Investing Habits of the Fairly Wealthy: #10 Powerball - September 29, 2023
- Your Survival Guy: “Life on Main Street Hasn’t Been This Hard in a While” - September 29, 2023
- Your Retirement Life: Striped Bass Fishing off Block Island - September 29, 2023
- “Then One Day the Grandfather was Gone” - September 28, 2023
- How Joe Biden Raised Oil Prices - September 28, 2023