Who’s got your back in the world of finance when the going gets tough? And some other thoughts.
- When Georgia changed its voting laws, and over 100 CEOs and business leaders signed a letter in protest, did they even read the law? File this under my “You Invest, They Win.” Are you surprised to see BlackRock CEO Larry Fink or Vanguard? You can check out the list below.
- Sell in May go away? Has there been a better time to be a seller of real estate? 2006 comes to mind. If you’re a buyer, stay off the beaten path.
- Here’s Your Survival Guy’s tip of the day. Keep a chunk of your stock market cash on the side. Then, when stocks fall by a third, snap ’em up. Keep in mind, stocks have cratered by a third three times this century.
- Nice win by the Bruins last night and a pretty assist by second line pivot David Krejci.
These two are getting along just fine.@hallsy09 | DK46 pic.twitter.com/amtQ0jY8aB
— Boston Bruins (@NHLBruins) April 30, 2021
- If you’re working part-time in retirement, consider how much value you’re bringing to the table. If you’re making $25,000 a year, consider how much savings you need to have to match that figure at a draw rate of two and a half percent. That would be $1,000,000.
- It’s easier said than done to properly dispose of “AAA” batteries. What will disposing of all of these electric car batteries be like when they’re displaced by better technology?
- When is the best time to retire? Turns out it’s 1981. Can’t do that? Understand stocks can be flat for a long time.
- Don’t stress your portfolio’s spending power with aggressive retirement “plans.” Live within your means—adventures make one late for dinner.
- Looking for a new place to live and escape the madness? Get your guns and your training now. Sheriffs are being inundated with calls from 911 overflow at undermanned police departments.
- Fidelity continues to be #1, especially with the consolidation of other firms.
- U.S. dollar? Still the nicest house in a bad neighborhood.
- Cryptos? Invest in companies that harness blockchain technology and pay a dividend.
- Don’t be a stranger to YourSurvivalGuy.com. I’m here every day of the week. Here’s a shameless promotion: Next week, some day before Friday, I’ll have another Survival Stock for you.
P.S. I’m Your Survival Guy, not your “Quick Everyone to the Exits!” Guy. Here’s how we got through the market crash a year ago.
- Stock Market Rocked by Coronavirus
- Coronavirus Infects Stock Market: Part III
- Who Loves a Market Rattling Pandemic More than CNBC?
P.P.S. Song I’ve been listening to:
The 100 CEOs who signed a letter criticizing Georgia’s new election law:
The following two tabs change content below.
E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy
E.J. Smith is Founder of YourSurvivalGuy.com, Managing Director at Richard C. Young & Co., Ltd., a Managing Editor of Richardcyoung.com, and Editor-in-Chief of Youngresearch.com. His focus at all times is on preparing clients and readers for “Times Like These.” E.J. graduated from Babson College in Wellesley, Massachusetts, with a B.S. in finance and investments. In 1995, E.J. began his investment career at Fidelity Investments in Boston before joining Richard C. Young & Co., Ltd. in 1998. E.J. has trained at Sig Sauer Academy in Epping, NH. His first drum set was a 5-piece Slingerland with Zildjians. He grew-up worshiping Neil Peart (RIP) of the band Rush, and loves the song Tom Sawyer—the name of his family’s boat, a Grady-White Canyon 306. He grew up in Mattapoisett, MA, an idyllic small town on the water near Cape Cod. He spends time in Newport, RI and Bartlett, NH—both as far away from Wall Street as one could mentally get. The Newport office is on a quiet, tree lined street not far from the harbor and the log cabin in Bartlett, NH, the “Live Free or Die” state, sits on the edge of the White Mountain National Forest. He enjoys spending time in Key West and Paris. Please get in touch with E.J. at email@example.com To sign up for my free monthly Survive & Thrive letter, click here.
Latest posts by E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy (see all)
- “I Need Preservation of Principal and Growth” - March 22, 2023
- DEMOCRATIC SENATOR: Biden’s ESG Veto “Absolutely Infuriating” - March 22, 2023
- Are You Fairly Wealthy? I’m Listening - March 21, 2023
- How Long Is Your Water Supply Chain? - March 21, 2023
- Your Survival Guy’s BEST Insider’s Guide to Key West - March 20, 2023