OK, we know how much the billionaires are worth—less than they were—like they’re acquaintances. Job cuts are happening by the tens of thousands. The tech oligarchs will be just fine paying the heating bill. But think about the worker who started the year with stock worth a million—worth less than a hundred grand now. That’s life changing.
It’s tough selling company stock. It’s a double-edged sword. A sale looks like a lack of faith. And it’s devastating to think about missing out on future gains. And then the crash comes.
When prices are going up, it’s hard to think about developing a scheduled plan to sell. But it’s the path I recommend. With so much of one’s wealth and your family’s well-being tied to the company, why have the exposure? It’s worth thinking about.
Action Line: Losing money is terrible. Being disciplined enough to sell stock options on a schedule is hard. If you need help, let’s talk.
E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy
Latest posts by E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy (see all)
- Red State Murder Rates Driven by Their Blue Cities - November 29, 2022
- Crypto Owners Dumping Luxury Cars as Industry Suffers - November 29, 2022
- ELON MUSK: “ESG Is the Devil” - November 28, 2022
- “OUR CITY IS IN PERIL” Portland Business Owners Plead for Help - November 28, 2022
- What Type of Country Do You Want for Your Family? - November 27, 2022