Here’s some thoughts as you dive into your weekend. TGIF.
- The seasonally high traffic on a recent sunny Saturday in Newport, RI suggests it’s going to be a busy summer.
- Selling ice-cold bottled water from a cooler at Newport’s famed Cliff Walk works as well as selling binoculars at a National Park gift shop.
- I asked a prospective client how his spouse would handle their portfolio if he got hit by a truck. He said, “Huh, I never thought about that.” Don’t stand too close to the road, I thought.
- For all you boaters, you know the challenge of leaving or approaching the dock. Consider your investments with the same precaution as when leaving a job or approaching retirement. It’s always nice having help with the lines.
- A client of mine recently attended the largest gun show in the world, the Wanemaker, in Tulsa, OK. It’s so big that if you walk the maze of aisles, looking at the tables on one side, and then turn around to view the other side, you’ll have walked 9.2 miles. He said maybe one in a hundred wore masks, the place was packed, and he secured a case of 9mm for $31 a box. Nice!
- Talk about busy. Have you tried reaching a live rep at any major investment firm? Give me a call instead.
- Real estate prices? You’re telling me from your walks, front porch observations, and recent experience that buyers are ravenous. It’s all about supply.
- Drummer Steve Gadd keeps getting it done, releasing a new album this month. Here’s the anatomy of a classic Gadd pattern.
Some 🍝 misdirection.@pastrnak96‘s third-period insurance tally is tonight’s @JagermeisterUSA Shot of the Game!#NHLBruins pic.twitter.com/50r6VjCqXC
— Boston Bruins (@NHLBruins) April 23, 2021
- The Boston Bruins are looking solid after trade deadline pickups led by Taylor Hall. Nice win last night against his former team.
- Dads and grandfathers listen up. Why do clients join me? Many say, “My dad (or grandfather) used to share Richard Young’s letters with me. I feel like I know you guys.” Kids are paying attention to you even if they’re always on their phones. Keep sharing.
Yes, that’s Gadd on drums. Again.
- I spoke with another prospective client this week who recently sold a mobile home/RV park, is sitting on a pile of cash, helping a spouse recover from surgery, and trying to make it all work. I feel her pain and despair, and I’m here to help.
- Remember, I’m Your Survival Guy, not “Your Let’s Give this a Try Guy.”
Action Line: I’d love to talk with you. But only if you’re serious.
P.S. Steve Gadd’s drum pattern from the above clinic. Enjoy!
The following two tabs change content below.
E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy
E.J. Smith is Founder of YourSurvivalGuy.com, Managing Director at Richard C. Young & Co., Ltd., a Managing Editor of Richardcyoung.com, and Editor-in-Chief of Youngresearch.com. His focus at all times is on preparing clients and readers for “Times Like These.” E.J. graduated from Babson College in Wellesley, Massachusetts, with a B.S. in finance and investments. In 1995, E.J. began his investment career at Fidelity Investments in Boston before joining Richard C. Young & Co., Ltd. in 1998. E.J. has trained at Sig Sauer Academy in Epping, NH. His first drum set was a 5-piece Slingerland with Zildjians. He grew-up worshiping Neil Peart (RIP) of the band Rush, and loves the song Tom Sawyer—the name of his family’s boat, a Grady-White Canyon 306. He grew up in Mattapoisett, MA, an idyllic small town on the water near Cape Cod. He spends time in Newport, RI and Bartlett, NH—both as far away from Wall Street as one could mentally get. The Newport office is on a quiet, tree lined street not far from the harbor and the log cabin in Bartlett, NH, the “Live Free or Die” state, sits on the edge of the White Mountain National Forest. He enjoys spending time in Key West and Paris. Please get in touch with E.J. at email@example.com To sign up for my free monthly Survive & Thrive letter, click here.
Latest posts by E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy (see all)
- “I Need Preservation of Principal and Growth” - March 22, 2023
- DEMOCRATIC SENATOR: Biden’s ESG Veto “Absolutely Infuriating” - March 22, 2023
- Are You Fairly Wealthy? I’m Listening - March 21, 2023
- How Long Is Your Water Supply Chain? - March 21, 2023
- Your Survival Guy’s BEST Insider’s Guide to Key West - March 20, 2023