Here’s some thoughts as you dive into your weekend. TGIF.
- The seasonally high traffic on a recent sunny Saturday in Newport, RI suggests it’s going to be a busy summer.
- Selling ice-cold bottled water from a cooler at Newport’s famed Cliff Walk works as well as selling binoculars at a National Park gift shop.
- I asked a prospective client how his spouse would handle their portfolio if he got hit by a truck. He said, “Huh, I never thought about that.” Don’t stand too close to the road, I thought.
- For all you boaters, you know the challenge of leaving or approaching the dock. Consider your investments with the same precaution as when leaving a job or approaching retirement. It’s always nice having help with the lines.
- A client of mine recently attended the largest gun show in the world, the Wanemaker, in Tulsa, OK. It’s so big that if you walk the maze of aisles, looking at the tables on one side, and then turn around to view the other side, you’ll have walked 9.2 miles. He said maybe one in a hundred wore masks, the place was packed, and he secured a case of 9mm for $31 a box. Nice!
- Talk about busy. Have you tried reaching a live rep at any major investment firm? Give me a call instead.
- Real estate prices? You’re telling me from your walks, front porch observations, and recent experience that buyers are ravenous. It’s all about supply.
- Drummer Steve Gadd keeps getting it done, releasing a new album this month. Here’s the anatomy of a classic Gadd pattern.
— Boston Bruins (@NHLBruins) April 23, 2021
- The Boston Bruins are looking solid after trade deadline pickups led by Taylor Hall. Nice win last night against his former team.
- Dads and grandfathers listen up. Why do clients join me? Many say, “My dad (or grandfather) used to share Richard Young’s letters with me. I feel like I know you guys.” Kids are paying attention to you even if they’re always on their phones. Keep sharing.
Yes, that’s Gadd on drums. Again.
- I spoke with another prospective client this week who recently sold a mobile home/RV park, is sitting on a pile of cash, helping a spouse recover from surgery, and trying to make it all work. I feel her pain and despair, and I’m here to help.
- Remember, I’m Your Survival Guy, not “Your Let’s Give this a Try Guy.”
Action Line: I’d love to talk with you. But only if you’re serious.
P.S. Steve Gadd’s drum pattern from the above clinic. Enjoy!
E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy
Latest posts by E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy (see all)
- “Doctor, What Are You Doing?” “Nothing,” He Said - October 3, 2023
- Bidenflation Making It Harder to Retire - October 3, 2023
- Will Illinois Gun Owners Register Their Firearms? - October 3, 2023
- “Oh, This Is Prime Real Estate,” They Say - October 2, 2023
- Survive and Thrive September 2023: “I Want to Be a Farmer, a Garbageman, or Tom Brady” - October 2, 2023