UPDATE 4.23.21: As riots and looting continue to plague America’s cities, it’s important to remember this advice from Sheriff paul Van Blarcum.
Originally posted on December 4, 2015.
The political elite jumped to a conclusion calling the San Bernardino terrorists something other than what they were: Terrorists. It’s time we listen to the real people. Sheriff Paul Van Blarcum issued a recommendation to the people of Ulster County, NY. Carry your guns and defend yourself.
Sheriff Paul Van Blarcum’s post on the Ulster County Sheriff’s Department’s Facebook page received a heavy mix of support and criticism from gun owners and non-gun owners alike Thursday.
Van Blarcum’s post was in response to hundreds of shootings reported across the U.S. this year, including the most recent where 14 people were gunned down in San Bernardino, California, Wednesday when gunmen — a man and a woman — burst into a social services center and opened fire.
In light of mass killings nationally and globally, Van Blarcum said licensed gun owners should take it upon themselves to “responsibly take advantage of your legal right to carry a firearm.
“I also want to remind all Police/Peace Officers both active duty and retired to please carry a weapon whenever you leave your house,” Van Blarcum said via the Facebook post. “We are the thin blue line that is entrusted in keeping this country safe, and we must be prepared to act at any given moment.”
E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy
Latest posts by E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy (see all)
- Get Off the Investment Roller Coaster: Have a Plan - September 29, 2022
- These 10 States Are Fighting for Your Liberty Retirement - September 29, 2022
- IN FOR THE LONG HAUL: Building Wealth with Compounding - September 29, 2022
- What Can We Learn from Hurricane Season? - September 28, 2022
- FOLLOW THE MONEY: Wealthy Americans Fleeing High Tax States Faster than Others - September 28, 2022