Happy Monday. Hope you had a nice Easter weekend. Your Survival Guy enjoyed the last hurrah of skiing with our college-aged children at our home mountain Attitash. Now owned by Vail, they’re replacing the old triple to the top with a detachable quad during the off-season.
And sure enough, Monday morning, it’s all over. The kids go back, and it’s an empty nest again. Just the two of us. It’s never a good feeling being left. And every time, it’s like doing it all over again. Saying goodbye and seeing you all soon.
In my conversations with you, we talk about family. We talk about how much we look forward to time together. It goes by fast.
We talk about planning for retirement.
We talk about having enough to live on for the rest of our lives. But we never really know what it will feel like until we’re in retirement. You have to experience it for yourself. I’m not exactly sure how I’ll feel. My father-in-law, Richard C. Young, tells me he’s prepared his whole life for it and still isn’t ready to retire. It’s personal. It’s about you.
Action Line: Thank you for reading. You’re important to me. We’ll get through this together. Even if we can’t really see what’s ahead of us.
E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy
Latest posts by E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy (see all)
- Investing Habits of the Fairly Wealthy: #2 Coach - December 7, 2023
- Have All of New Jersey’s Workers Already Moved to Florida? - December 7, 2023
- Georgia Accelerates Implementation of Its Flat Tax Plan - December 7, 2023
- Digital Dollars: A Warning Where You’re the Prey - December 6, 2023
- You Can See Where Big Government Is Headed - December 6, 2023