Your Survival Guy’s quick top 10 checklist for you today:
- Follow the #1 habit of highly successful people. Save ‘til it hurts.
- When you’re a saver, you solve a lot of life’s problems. Savers know what it’s like to do without. They’re disciplined. They’re thoughtful. They levitate to a more peaceful way of life. A better existence. They’re not needy or superficial. Don’t be needy.
- Save a third, spend a third, pay taxes with a third. Use your tax refund to visit Your Survival Guy. You’ll love Newport, RI.
- Investing is a different skill than saving. Invest with someone you trust.
- Make sure whomever you’re investing with is a fiduciary by law. There’re plenty of titles out there today. A fiduciary is the queen of the fleet. Get it in writing.
- Put your lazy cash to work. Fidelity’s Treasury Money Market is my favored place to park it.
- Don’t lose money. The arithmetic of portfolio losses is an education everyone can do without.
- Own your own bonds. We haven’t seen fixed-income yields this high in a generation.
- If you miss Richard C. Young’s Intelligence Report and his Monster Master Lists, I understand. If you want a portfolio managed by us, we can help you.
- Open an account with Fidelity. Let us do the heavy lifting with your discretionary authority.
If you missed Your Survival Guy’s Quick Top 10 Checklist, click here.
The following two tabs change content below.
E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy
E.J. Smith is Founder of YourSurvivalGuy.com, Managing Director at Richard C. Young & Co., Ltd., a Managing Editor of Richardcyoung.com, and Editor-in-Chief of Youngresearch.com. His focus at all times is on preparing clients and readers for “Times Like These.” E.J. graduated from Babson College in Wellesley, Massachusetts, with a B.S. in finance and investments. In 1995, E.J. began his investment career at Fidelity Investments in Boston before joining Richard C. Young & Co., Ltd. in 1998. E.J. has trained at Sig Sauer Academy in Epping, NH. His first drum set was a 5-piece Slingerland with Zildjians. He grew-up worshiping Neil Peart (RIP) of the band Rush, and loves the song Tom Sawyer—the name of his family’s boat, a Grady-White Canyon 306. He grew up in Mattapoisett, MA, an idyllic small town on the water near Cape Cod. He spends time in Newport, RI and Bartlett, NH—both as far away from Wall Street as one could mentally get. The Newport office is on a quiet, tree lined street not far from the harbor and the log cabin in Bartlett, NH, the “Live Free or Die” state, sits on the edge of the White Mountain National Forest. He enjoys spending time in Key West and Paris. Please get in touch with E.J. at firstname.lastname@example.org To sign up for my free monthly Survive & Thrive letter, click here.
Latest posts by E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy (see all)
- Rome, Paris, U.S.A.: Global Crisis in Confidence - June 2, 2023
- Your Survival Guy’s Best Insider’s Guide to Rome - June 2, 2023
- What Is a Fiduciary Duty? Are You Working with a Fiduciary? - June 2, 2023
- Survive and Thrive June 2023: Your Survival Guy in Rome 30-Years A.B. (After Babson) - June 1, 2023
- Birth Rates in France Worst Since Post-WWII Era - June 1, 2023