Your Survival Guy’s quick top 10 checklist for you today:
- Follow the #1 habit of highly successful people. Save ‘til it hurts.
- When you’re a saver, you solve a lot of life’s problems. Savers know what it’s like to do without. They’re disciplined. They’re thoughtful. They levitate to a more peaceful way of life. A better existence. They’re not needy or superficial. Don’t be needy.
- Save a third, spend a third, pay taxes with a third. Use your tax refund to visit Your Survival Guy. You’ll love Newport, RI.
- Investing is a different skill than saving. Invest with someone you trust.
- Make sure whomever you’re investing with is a fiduciary by law. There’re plenty of titles out there today. A fiduciary is the queen of the fleet. Get it in writing.
- Put your lazy cash to work. Fidelity’s Treasury Money Market is my favored place to park it.
- Don’t lose money. The arithmetic of portfolio losses is an education everyone can do without.
- Own your own bonds. We haven’t seen fixed-income yields this high in a generation.
- If you miss Richard C. Young’s Intelligence Report and his Monster Master Lists, I understand. If you want a portfolio managed by us, we can help you.
- Open an account with Fidelity. Let us do the heavy lifting with your discretionary authority.
E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy
Latest posts by E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy (see all)
- Locking In a Generational Opportunity in Fixed Income - November 30, 2023
- RIP Charlie Munger: Keeping It Simple Never Goes out of Style - November 30, 2023
- Explosion in Gun Ownership Creates Difficulties for Progressives - November 30, 2023
- It’s California vs. Florida in the Big State Debate - November 29, 2023
- Shiffrin Brings It Home with World Cup Win at Killington - November 29, 2023