Your Survival Guy and Gal were in Boston this weekend, visiting our daughter and son. If you want to know what stagflation feels like, have two kids in college at the same time. Many of you know exactly what I’m talking about.
Take, for instance, after breakfast, strolling down Newbury Street window shopping. The next thing you know, Your Survival Guy’s in a store bombarded with loud thumping music and glowing displays of sneakers. “Oh, I remember those from the 70s,” I thought to myself, “Those are Chuck Taylors.” Flipping them over to look at the price was a shock.
“No way I’m spending that much on those,” I said.
Minutes later, holding the bag of old sneakers and putting away the receipt, I wondered how much longer we’d be on this street. Listen, I’m Your Survival Guy someone needs to say “enough.”
Action Line: Your Survival Guy doesn’t want to rush through life, but I’ve been thinking about the day when I can say: “Ask your parents.”
E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy
Latest posts by E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy (see all)
- Wellesley Fund: “Balanced Investing Is Dead” (Please Stop) - December 8, 2023
- Do You Have a Plan to Protect Your Personal Data? - December 8, 2023
- DIRTY JOBS: America Needs Mining Engineers - December 8, 2023
- Investing Habits of the Fairly Wealthy: #2 Coach - December 7, 2023
- Have All of New Jersey’s Workers Already Moved to Florida? - December 7, 2023