Don’t put pressure on yourself to do everything you’ve ever dreamed of doing during your retirement. Believe me, you will be able to do a lot, but you’ll also find you’ve never been busier.
Take a deep breath. Make a plan for the big trips like Paris and don’t stress out about not doing enough. That’s how you can guarantee your retirement will be short lived. Brian Hershberg writes at Moneybeat:
Retirement—for better and worse—will change your life more than you anticipate. That’s the consensus of those who should know best: retirees themselves.
In the latest Journal Report on Wealth Management, writer Glenn Ruffenach reveals the findings of a discussion with readers who weighed in on what has surprised them in retirement; what the experts neglected to mention; as well as their own advice on what would-be retirees should watch for. The answer: almost everything.
Read more here.
E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy
Latest posts by E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy (see all)
- Stop America’s Zombie Apocalypse before It Starts - December 1, 2023
- Survive and Thrive November 2023: A Word or Two about Your Survival Guy’s Money - December 1, 2023
- Small Government Just Works - December 1, 2023
- Locking In a Generational Opportunity in Fixed Income - November 30, 2023
- RIP Charlie Munger: Keeping It Simple Never Goes out of Style - November 30, 2023