My overall trend reading was down from July. Investors are feeling a little too comfortable in this stock market. Yes, the economy looks good, but this bull market is long in the tooth. Now would be an excellent time to look for defensive stocks for your portfolio.
“Valuation concerns have already crept into the market, some investors said, as defensive stocks that tend to post lower growth than companies like Amazon and Facebook have outperformed,” reports the WSJ. “The top five performing S&P 500 sectors the past three months are all defensive, Bank of America Merrill Lynch said in a recent note, including consumer staples, utilities and health care.”
Defensive stocks tend to be the ones paying dividends, and dividends are the backbone supporting the recent strength in our Retirement Compounders®.
E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy
Latest posts by E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy (see all)
- America Has a Problem, and Calvin Coolidge Predicted it Back in 1925 - May 21, 2019
- Driving into Gun Hell without Your Survival Pistol of Choice - May 20, 2019
- Social Security Scams - May 20, 2019
- CHAMP: The Microwave Bomb that can Win a Battle With No Casualties - May 17, 2019
- Yay, Yay Claude Monet, Part II - May 17, 2019