My overall trend reading was down from July. Investors are feeling a little too comfortable in this stock market. Yes, the economy looks good, but this bull market is long in the tooth. Now would be an excellent time to look for defensive stocks for your portfolio.
“Valuation concerns have already crept into the market, some investors said, as defensive stocks that tend to post lower growth than companies like Amazon and Facebook have outperformed,” reports the WSJ. “The top five performing S&P 500 sectors the past three months are all defensive, Bank of America Merrill Lynch said in a recent note, including consumer staples, utilities and health care.”
Defensive stocks tend to be the ones paying dividends, and dividends are the backbone supporting the recent strength in our Retirement Compounders®.
E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy
Latest posts by E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy (see all)
- Score! Bobby Orr!! Defending Coach Cherry - November 15, 2019
- The Truth Behind The Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle - November 15, 2019
- Why Bonds Always Matter to You - November 15, 2019
- Liz Warren’s 158% Tax Rate - November 15, 2019
- Avoid Isolation and Danger with the Reliability of a Satellite Phone - November 14, 2019