There are more jobs available than unemployed workers. Workers of America unite!
Bloomberg reports that job vacancies outnumber unemployed Americans for the first time in decades.
The U.S. labor market has reached another milestone: For the first time in decades, there are more job openings than unemployed Americans who could fill them.
Vacancies rose to a fresh record of 6.7 million in April, according to the Job Openings and Labor Turnover Survey, or JOLTS, released Tuesday by the Labor Department. More importantly, upward revisions to the prior month made it the first in government data back to 2000 that openings exceeded the number of unemployed. That gap, of 48,000 in March, grew to 352,000 in April and is poised to keep widening, as the number of unemployed has already dropped further in May.
Read more here.
E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy
Latest posts by E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy (see all)
- All She Wants is an America that Will Defend Her Freedom at Any Cost - August 14, 2020
- EJ-When I Read Your Piece: “You Want Maine Lobster” - August 14, 2020
- “E.J./Survival Guy what a RELIEF to be out of the City” - August 13, 2020
- Here’s Why Biden Picked Kamala Harris for Veep - August 12, 2020
- Investing in the Fog - August 12, 2020