Your Survival Guy is working in the trenches for you. And that’s OK. I like the view from where the boots hit the ground. It’s where the real stuff happens.
Here’s what you’re telling me this week:
- “Hello, E.J. Let me know your thoughts when you receive my Secure Upload. I’m sending statements from family members and my business. By the way, I also bought some land in South Carolina and Austin, TX, and I own some gold coins I bought years ago thanks to your father-in-law. Have a nice long weekend. Let’s talk Tuesday morning,” he said.
- “Hi, E.J. Weather’s beautiful. Wish you were here in God’s country [me too]. Just sold our house. Great price. Thinking about how much to send your way. Like what you guys are doing for me. You can check out our new home on Instagram. Talk to you next week,” he said.
- “Hello, E.J. There’s a great piece on bitcoin I want you to read. Let me know your thoughts when you’re done. Have a good weekend,” he said.
- “E.J., my daughter has a big job (Fortune 500 company). I’ve managed her account for years at Vanguard. Time to hand over the reins. Let’s the three of us talk this week,” he writes.
- “How’s it going, E.J.? Sorry, hang on a second. The damn generator just kicked on again. Another power outage. It’s become a regular thing around here. I’m like my own grid, and propane ain’t getting any cheaper,” he said.
- “Hi (new client’s name), how do you feel about the proposal,” I said. “Looks good,” he said. “Let’s just go through some details, and we should be good to go today.” We’re good to go.
- “Hey, E.J., want to update you on the race. I got you and another guy handling a pile of money for me. You’re the tortoise—my safe money. He’s the hare—the aggressive stuff. The tortoise is winning,” he said. Click!
- “E.J. did you see the fish the Fonz from Happy Days caught?” she writes. “He posted a picture and the radical left is ripping him apart. Hope you’re well.”
I can’t even express the beauty everywhere on our planet pic.twitter.com/K0uzx6gfiN
— Henry Winkler (@hwinkler4real) May 10, 2021
- “Hey, got a report back from our actuary. She asked who manages the account. I told her about you guys. To say she’s impressed is an understatement. Thanks,” he said. “What’s going on in Newport this weekend?” He asked.
- “E.J., just sold our house out here. Great price. Problem is, our builder in AZ tells me prices are through the roof. He’s never seen increases like this. I’ll be holding on to the proceeds until this project is done,” he said.
- “E.J., loved your story about your summer job. I, too, worked in restaurants from 16-21 until I finished college and worked in a liquor store. That allowed me to go on the road with my rock band. Haha! When I got off the road after three months, I got serious, getting an office job and going back to school. There’s nothing more valuable than working as an adolescent, and the experience of working under pressure is even better,” he writes.
“ …must have been so cool going on the road with your rock band. Nice! What an education,” I respond.
“AC/DC said it well,” he writes.
Ridin’ down the highway
Goin’ to a show
Stop in all the byways
Playin’ rock ‘n’ roll
Gettin’ beat up
I tell you, folks
It’s harder than it looks
“I made $300/week (1987), the most of any band member. Rough!”
Action Line: Just a typical couple of days working the trenches with you, getting it done, and helping you live your best life. Life is good.
E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy
Latest posts by E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy (see all)
- Mike Rowe Alarmed at American Men Leaving the Workforce - December 7, 2022
- Looting and Thefts Threaten to Close Walmart Stores - December 7, 2022
- BE PREPARED: Army Responds to Terrorist Attack Near Fort Bragg - December 6, 2022
- SPAC-TACULAR COLLAPSE: Billions in SPAC Deals Disappear - December 6, 2022
- ESG, Richard Young, Jack Bogle, and You - December 5, 2022