This picture of Becky and me was taken from the chairlift at Deer Valley. We were there in early March and I think we were smiling because it was the first time we saw the sun. It was a snowy trip to say the least, where it felt like you were skiing inside a snow globe.
Most of our trip was spent skiing Park City and the Canyons. We stayed in the Silver Star area, with a chairlift and café by the same name that made it feel like your own resort within a gigantic resort.
Getting to Park City is a piece of cake. We took a late afternoon flight out of Boston, landed in Salt Lake City around nine at night, and were at Park City around 10:15. A common practice is to take an early flight and be on the slopes that same afternoon.
The skiing is what you’d expect—awesome—with a ton of terrain. As East Coast skiers, our muscle memory prepared us for icy spots that simply did not exist.
If you want a retirement location with lots to do in the winter and summer and a booming economy, consider Salt Lake City. If you want to work, there’s a job for you. And if you want to ski and be near a cool ski town, it’s hard to beat Park City, Utah.
E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy
Latest posts by E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy (see all)
- Your Best State on Guns, Plus the 8th Wonder of the World - December 3, 2021
- VACCINATE THE WORLD? Biden’s COVID Plan - December 3, 2021
- Correction: New Hampshire’s 4,000 Footers - December 3, 2021
- Dreaming of Bitcoin in Your Stocking this Christmas Season? - December 2, 2021
- ENOUGH IS ENOUGH: Record Number of Police Shot This Year - December 2, 2021