The Wall Street Journal’s Chris Kornelis recently discussed how carrying a knife saved Chad Stahelski, the director of the John Wick series of movies.
“I always have my Benchmade Emissary knife with me,” explained Stahelski. “I can’t tell you how many times it has saved my life and cut me out of a harness, not to mention how many times I’ve cut street meat with it,” the director and former stuntman for The Matrix told the WSJ. “I was underwater once and the first safety knife didn’t work. Luckily this thing was in my pocket.”
For self defense, there is no better option than getting your gun and your training now. With that said, there are loads of both protective and practical reasons to carry a knife.
Whether it’s a utility knife, a fighter like a kerambit, a classic Bowie, or any of the other myriad knives available, having access to that sharp edge can make all the difference in the world.
With Stahelski’s love of knives, it’s no wonder this knife fight scene showed up in John Wick 2.
E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy
Latest posts by E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy (see all)
- The FIRE Movement by the Numbers - July 16, 2019
- When the Lights Go Down in the City - July 16, 2019
- Captain’s Log from Your Survival Guy’s Fourth of July Weekend - July 15, 2019
- The IRS is Coming after Your IRA with this Hidden Tax - July 12, 2019
- Cook County Residents Forced from Their Homes - July 11, 2019