The Wall Street Journal’s Chris Kornelis recently discussed how carrying a knife saved Chad Stahelski, the director of the John Wick series of movies.
“I always have my Benchmade Emissary knife with me,” explained Stahelski. “I can’t tell you how many times it has saved my life and cut me out of a harness, not to mention how many times I’ve cut street meat with it,” the director and former stuntman for The Matrix told the WSJ. “I was underwater once and the first safety knife didn’t work. Luckily this thing was in my pocket.”
For self defense, there is no better option than getting your gun and your training now. With that said, there are loads of both protective and practical reasons to carry a knife.
Whether it’s a utility knife, a fighter like a kerambit, a classic Bowie, or any of the other myriad knives available, having access to that sharp edge can make all the difference in the world.
With Stahelski’s love of knives, it’s no wonder this knife fight scene showed up in John Wick 2.
E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy
Latest posts by E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy (see all)
- Stop America’s Zombie Apocalypse before It Starts - December 1, 2023
- Survive and Thrive November 2023: A Word or Two about Your Survival Guy’s Money - December 1, 2023
- Small Government Just Works - December 1, 2023
- Locking In a Generational Opportunity in Fixed Income - November 30, 2023
- RIP Charlie Munger: Keeping It Simple Never Goes out of Style - November 30, 2023